The Braselton’s first settled in the area now named after the family when William Harrison Braselton of Hall County, GA, married to Susan Hosch, purchased approximately 800 acres of land from Mr. G. W. Smith, Sr. The land was the perfect fit for Braselton – it was inexpensive and near his wife’s family home. By 1876, the town was quickly growing to become a center for farming and commerce in Jackson and many other surrounding counties. In 1887 John Oliver Braselton, the youngest son of William and Susan decided at the age of 8 to start his own country store. After a horse and buggy accident destroyed his 6x6 foot building, he moved into a larger space and his older brothers Green and William Henry joined the business. Their success grew and the need for more room continued to be a problem. In 1904 the young men began work on their 4th store. A beautiful brick building was completed on September 1, 1904 and was referred to as “the most handsomest and most completely arranged brick structure in this part of the State” by the local newspapers. By this time the brothers became known as the “three B’s” and grew a respectable business based on perseverance and cooperation.
Looking For Something To Do In Braselton?